"To create world class quality engineers and technocrates capable of providing leadership in all shapers of life and society"
"This Institute bears the responsibility of full-filling the technical training needs for the upliftment of the community by offering suitable training, needed consultancies and other related services."
Welcome To Dear Students,
Diploma holders from this institute have been getting placement at state and national level organizations on prestigious positions. At present, there are six branches of Diploma Engineering available here—Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Computer Sc & Engg., Electronics & Telecommunication Engg. And Metallurgical Engg. Part-time diploma courses in Civil, Mechanical & Electrical Engg have also been started from the session 2008-09 to cater to the needs of neighboring industries and their employees. Raigarh is located at: Latitude: Between 28 deg. 20'-20 deg.15' North. Longitude: Between 82 deg. 56' - 84 deg. 45' East. Kirodimal Government Polytechnic is located 1.5 km from Raigarh Railway station, which is on the Mumbai-Howrah Railway line under SEC Railway. Raigarh is well connected with all the major cities of the country by rail & road .The nearest airport is Raipur . A small air strip is also available at JSPL, Raigarh Chhattisgarh.
1. For regular students on class 10 th basis:
They have to clear PPT exam conducted by CGVYAPAM. For this, the students have to regularly visit the website cgvyapam.choice.gov.in .The form comes in the month of February-March.
After PPT exam, online counseling will be filled by the applicants by visiting www.cgdteraipur.cgstate.gov.in
Thereafter, document verification takes place at the DVC centre. Note: State domicile certificate of Chhattisgarh is the essential document required.
Allotment of seat.
2. For lateral admission in second year on class 12 th PCM basis/ITI of same trade as chosen branch:
The candidates have to directly apply for online counseling by visiting www.cgdteraipur.cgstate.gov.in
Thereafter, document verification takes place at the DVC centre.
Note: State domicile certificate of Chhattisgarh is the essential document required.
Allotment of seat. 3. For Part time diploma admission in Civil/Mechanical/Electrical branches:
The candidates have to collect application form the institute in the month of June and fill it.
Note: Minimum 2 years working experience is required in the same field of chosen branch and a letter from the employer is needed.
An interview is conducted in the institute to shortlist the students.
1. For General male candidates:
It is Rs. 7975/- per year excluding hostel fees.
2. For SC/ST male candidates having Parents income<2.5 lakhs , OBC male candidates with Parents income<1lakhs & all female candidates:
It is Rs. 2975/- per year excluding hostel fees.
Note: Income certificate is required for SC/ST/OBC male candidates.
1. For SC/ST candidates having Parents income<2.5 lakhs:
The scholarship provided is Rs. 230/- per month for non hostler and Rs. 380/- per month for hostlers.
2. For OBC candidates with Parents income<1lakhs: The scholarship provided is Rs. 100/- per month for non hostlers and Rs. 120/- per month for hostlers.
Note:- Refundable fees are also returned with the scholarship.
1. KGP Raigarh is the oldest engineering institution among Madhya
Pradesh & Chhattisgarh.
2. The location of the institute is easily reachable.
3. The institute owns well & best equipped labs , experienced teaching & non teaching staffs, best placement records among other diploma colleges of Chhattisgarh.
KGP Raigarh is located at Chakradhar Nagar, Raigarh in front of Nehru Park. The location is in the middle of Raigarh city just at 1 km from Raigarh railway station. One may also reach by bus to nearest bus stand as the institute is about 1.9 km from Kewdabadi bus stand and 3.7 km from Sarangarh bus stand Raigarh.
There are 6 branches available:
1. Civil: 40seats regular+ 4 seats lateral entry + 2 seats TFW
2. Mechanical: 80seats regular + 8 seats lateral entry + 4 seats TFW
3. Electrical: 80seats regular + 8 seats lateral entry + 4 seats TFW
4. Comp. Science: 40seats regular + 4 seats lateral entry + 2 seats TFW
5. ETC: 40seats regular + 4 seats lateral entry + 2 seats TFW
6. Metallurgy: 40seats regular + 4 seats lateral entry + 2 seats TFW
1. 1 girls hostel & 2 boys hostel, which can accommodate up to 150 boys
and 100 girls.
2. Library with latest books, magazines, journals.
3. Sports ground for cricket, volley ball, badminton, table tennis room and other sports equipments.
5. Computer and projector facilities for every students.
It is a 3 years Technical skill oriented educational program. One has to clear 6 semester exams based on theory as well as practical papers.